Stress can be a reason for many problems. For example, 37% of people who suffer from stress say they feel lonely as a result, according to a survey. But it’s up to you to calm your mind and not let anxiety win, and yoga can be a great way to do this. Even if you’ve never done yoga before, there are simple but effective poses that are excellent at relieving stress.
We at virala buzz also practice some yoga and would love to share some easy poses that can relax your mind.
1. Eagle seal
You can practice the eagle seal pose along with meditation, so there’s no fixed time on how long to hold it. The pose helps to relax and discipline your mind when it becomes overloaded.
- Turn your hands so your palms are facing up.
- Cross your right hand over your left.
- Clasp your thumbs. The rest of the fingers of the hands should stay extended, keeping the palms open.
2. Supine core pose
- Lie on your back. Your arms should be at your sides.
- Bend the knees and bring them over your hips.
- Exhale and extend your left leg. Reach your arms overhead. Hold the left leg above the floor for 15 seconds and keep the lower back still.
- Switch legs.
3. Cat tail
The cat tail pose is a great spine twist that helps release tension around the lumbar area. Additionally, it’s good at battling anxiety.
- Lie down on your back and shift your pelvis a bit to the right.
- Pull the right knee toward the chest and bring it to the left side of the body. Do it slowly.
- Bend the left knee. Now kick the left foot back toward the buttock. Hold the left ankle with your right hand.
- Stay like this for 5 minutes and then change sides.
4. Melting heart
The melting heart pose is a great combination of opening your heart and chest area to vitalize and relax the whole body.
- Start on all fours. In case you feel some pain in your knees, put a blanket underneath you.
- Pull your hands forward. The hips should stay right above the knees.
- Gently sink your chest toward the mat.
- Stay in this pose for 3 to 5 minutes.